2. Writing for Urbana Today: Probably the most balanced Urbana Assignment I ever had for my introvert and extrovert side.
3. Being in a black space to process #BlackLivesMatter through the use of song, spoken word, and poetry. Wow. Wowwww…
4. My hotel had an underground casino. Did yours?
5. My hotel had so many more black people chillaxing by the casino. Did yours?!
6. BLACK PEOPLE BLACK PEOPLE SO MANY BLACK PEOPLE IT WAS AWESOME.
7. Being with my family for my uncle’s funeral completely fit in with Urbana’s unspoken “Being Present” theme.
8. Ferguson looked exactly like my neighborhood. Not the one I grew up in. The one I live in now.
9. Still processing the trip to Ferguson. So many feelings.
10. I am incredibly tired.
and 11. So. Many. Black. HAIRSTYLES.